Oreo Cheesecake Apple Truffles
August 14, 2012 by Heather
Last year I threw a School Themed Bridal Shower for my sister because she was marrying her high school sweetheart, and she’s a teacher. The big hit at the shower was a cute treat that I want to share with you today!
Oreo Cheesecake Truffles, dressed up to look like apples. Aren’t they cute?
My mom & I worked together on these with a recipe from a friend of ours that is so simple & so delicious!
Want to try them? I thought so!
- 44 Oreo cookies with creme inside (you could use the white oreos or the regular ones)
- 8 oz of Cream cheese (one block) room temperature
- 1 1/2 pkg of milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (instead of chocolate chips, we used red melting chocolate)
- Grind up Oreos. (If you’re making regular truffles, you can save 1/2 cup to sprinkle on the tops later).
- Mix cream cheese and oreos. Form 1 inch balls. Refrigerate for at least an hour. (minimizes crumbs)
- Melt chocolate and dip balls.
- Sprinkle crumbs or decorate with white melted chocolate or whatever else you want!
To make ours look like apples, here’s what we did:
We used a skewer stick to poke a hole in the balls:
We dipped pretzel sticks into the holes, to be the stem. The stem doubled as a dipping stick:
Then we put them on waxed paper to dry (and stuck a green jelly belly on there for a leaf, before the chocolate started to dry)
I definitely recommend these!
You could use them for all kinds of back-to-school reasons! I hope you try them- they’re so yummy!