You read that right. It IS time to ditch your camera and get THIS one. Why?
Just look at the difference in these two photos. They were both taken from the same spot … the only difference is the camera I used.
A snapshot VS. something worthy of blowing up to display.
Enter … Panasonic Lumix G5. This camera is like a hybrid between a DSLR and a point and shoot camera. It has most of the fancy features that traditional DSLR cameras have, but also the best of what point and shoots offer. Nice. Have I lost you? Click these links for more information on DSLR cameras and point and shoot cameras.
First let’s take an everyday situation and compare the pictures you get from each type of camera. I took my kids to the park and started snapping. I stood in the same place and snapped a picture first with my iPhone and then with the Panasonic Lumix G5. Notice the difference in color, zoom, sharpness, and my favorite … bokeh (or the blur behind your subject that makes your subject POP).
On the first two examples I applied the same actions in Photoshop. This last example is straight from the camera with no editing at all.
Have I convinced you that you need to ditch your point and shoot? Good.
Now why the Panasonic Lumix G5?
Easy … because it rocks!
Here are my favorite features:
1. Lightweight but sturdy (metal body). I can’t believe how light this camera is.
2. Small. This camera won’t fit in your pocket, but it will fit in your purse or diaper bag without making a dent!
3. Real Time LCD monitor. With a flip out screen that you can control with the swipe of your finger. It is easy and FUN! Just like controlling any familiar touchscreen device.
4. You can take video and still pictures with the same device and … at the same time! I have been waiting for this feature for a LONG time! Just think, you don’t need to bring your video camera and your camera that you have to switch back and forth, missing shots and footage. Now you can take video of your son at his soccer game and click the button for a still shot when he scores a goal. You will get video footage and a still picture of the special moment. Are you kidding me? I LOVE this feature.
5. On camera filters. If you use Instagram, you know how fun it is choose a filter. You scroll through them all until you find the one that really makes your picture look, WOW. When I take pictures, I usually wait until I get around to applying filters in photoshop before I share photos because I want them to look their best. But a lot of times my pictures just end up sitting on my computer waiting to be edited instead of sharing them. With these 14 fun filters (Soft Focus, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, One Point Color, Cross Process, Low Key, Toy Effect and Star Filter, in addition to the conventional Expressive, Retro, High Key, Sepia, Hi Dynamic, and Miniature Effect) to choose from and a live preview mode to instantly show you what your picture will look like when you take your picture, you can get the perfect shot every time. The best part … you will be that much closer to sharing your great photos!
Here are a couple examples of the filters. You can choose which one you want, or you can let the camera do the work because it will nicely recommend some for you according to the scene. Yes, this camera has a mind of its own! In this shot below, I let the camera pick the filter and I like the one it chose. The picture on the left has no filter and the picture on the right has the camera recommended filter applied. Straight out of the camera … no Photoshop.
Filter (color pop)…
6. EASY to USE. This camera is perfect for anyone just jumping off the point and shoot boat because it teaches you how to use it without using all that photographer lingo. You know what I mean … f stop, iso, blah, blah, blah. With this camera you don’t need to know the jargon, and you can still get great shots. The camera gives you as much, or as little control as you want. And remember that bokeh I told you about? You want some? All you have to do is use your finger to move a slider on the screen left or right until you get as much or as little bokeh as you want. No F stop number needed!
This camera has so many awesome features … I really am so impressed. But I will let you read more about it here.
Now you can tell Santa you know what you want for Christmas!
You can get free shipping at Panasonic.com until December, 31 2012!
What is your favorite feature of the Panasonic Lumix G5?
Tell me in comments and enter to win one of your own!
(Please note that a winner will be chosen from a pool of all participating reviewers’ blogs.)
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
b) Tweet about this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
c) Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
d) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
Entries from all participating blogs will be pooled for winner selection; only two entries per household. This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/19 – 12/19.
Be sure to visit the Panasonic brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!
This was a sponsored paid post, all reviews and opinions are my own.