We pretty much want to marry Google+. THAT’S how much we love it. Have you seen us there yet?
I know what you might be thinking. ANOTHER form of social media? We’re new to the Google+ front, and we want you to see just how wonderful, and easy to use, it really is. We wouldn’t share it with you if we didn’t totally love it and think it’s the next big thing. We know entering the world of a new technology can be intimidating so let’s break it down.
First off, WHAT is Google+?
In really simplified terms, Google+ is a social network of people sharing ideas and data. Want to watch a video tutorial on creating furniture out of barn wood? Um. It’s there. Want to search for recipes? All your favorite blogs (including US!) are posting them. All you have to do is search for the hashtag “recipes” (more about that later…). Want to participate in a “Hangout” (video call) with your favorite HowDoesShe contributors? It’s possible! All because of Google+. To me, it’s the big kahuna of all your favorite social media sites. It brings them all to one awesome platform with no annoying limitations as we are seeing on other social media sites. Simple to use (once you start exploring) and endless possibilities!
WHY you should use Google+
Personally, we like Google+ because it’s clean, easy to use, and more about sharing ideas and interacting with those who share similar ideas. We love Facebook, but honestly, sometimes I don’t want to see what so and so had for breakfast, or what so and so is doing on a Sunday evening. Additionally, more and more people, blogs, brands and websites are turning more to Google+. Let us remember another company which started in a dorm room. It started small and grew, and grew, and grew. No doubt Google+ is the next to do this.
HOW to get Started
1. Go HERE to create a profile. You can make it as fancy or simple as you want. This is how you appear to the whole Google+ world, so, better pick a good picture! J We picked Shelley, Alison and Missy’s shining faces for our banner on our profile! Aren’t they so darling here
2. Start adding people and pages to your “circles”. Circles are categories. You can choose which circles you do or do not want to share things with. For example, want to share that darling video of your little one taking his first steps? ONLY want your family to be able to view it? Create a “family” circle and only let those in it view the video. Make sense? We like this because it adds more privacy and helps us organize.
3. Join some communities. Communities are groups of people with similar goals and interest. Want to learn more about DIY projects? Join the DIY community and converse with other experts and readers. Swap ideas. Build relationships.
4. START sharing. Share your ideas/photos/videos. Interact with us. The only way to REALLY learn is to just GO for it! That’s what we did and we’ve been so happy with the results.
5. Interact with others on Google+. Comment on others posts, “+1” (this is the Google+ version of Facebook “liking) things you like, and tag those people/blogs you refer to. Are you into hash tagging? You know, the “#” thing? Hashtags help people to find something on a particular subject. For example, say I post something about a Father’s Day gift. I’ll tag it #fathersday. Click on that hash tag and find every. Other. Post with the same hash tag. You’ll find TONS of ideas!
Have we convinced you yet of how awesome Google+is? How about a darling PRIZE for those of you who sign up for Google+ and add us to your Circles!
Your own Land of Nod teepee for all the little kiddos to play in!
Retail Value $159!!!
1. Go here to sign up for Google+ now:
2. Add HowDoesShe to your Circles (aka Follow us!)
3. Fill out the Rafflecopter below so we know where to reach you!