I had to try this out!!! I saw it on Chef Messy. My kids and I had so much fun making these. We actually did it twice because we learned a few things from the first time…see below.
1. Get the crayons and peel the labels off. (Hint: use nicer crayons…the old ones that are speckled with every other color don’t turn out as pretty.)
2. Sort your colors
3. Cut into 3 or 4 chunks
4. Place like colors into each mold. Although I did all red colors and added just 1 chunk of yellow for some contrast
5. Use a flexible mold. I don’t know how you’d get them out of the metal pan. You can get them at the craft store in the candy making section.
6. Put in the oven for 13 minutes at 250 degrees.
7. Wait until they cool and pop them out.
Another Hint: The first batch we added all colors and they turned out dark and ugly. If you are trying to go with fun colors, don’t use the black, brown, or dark gray. I know this is simple, but I had to do it twice and I just wanted you to skip the ‘ruin the first batch’ step.
Put them in a bag, add a slogan and WaLa you’ve got your kid’s non-sugary Valentine’s day cards completed!