As you know, we are always looking for the next best thing to feature on HowDoesShe – from the latest DIY projects, to up-and-coming fashion trends, to delicious new recipes to entertain our family and friends. When we tried the new creamy caramel flavor of HERSHEY’S SIMPLE PLEASURES Chocolates, we fell head over heels for the flavor and were thrilled to have found our latest inspiration! You can feel great about loving these delicious chocolates, with 30% less fat vs. the average of leading milk chocolates.
Caramel is not only a delicious flavor, but it also can be incorporated into your life through beauty, fashion, home décor and entertaining. You can elevate your beauty regimen by incorporating caramel into essentials like makeup and nail polish. Transform your bathroom into a spa with the heavenly aroma of a caramel-scented candle and caramel bath salts. After a luxurious bath, whip up our recipe for a homemade caramel hair treatment to hydrate and nourish your hair and while it sinks in, enjoy a HERSHEY’S SIMPLE PLEASURES Caramel Chocolate. This hair treatment is a must-try for silky summer locks – recipe below!
Caramel Hair Treatment
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Keep blending until the bananas are completely liquid.
2. Pour the mixture through a strainer and into a saucepan. Make sure to strain the mixture to get rid of any banana bits (they can be difficult to wash out of your hair).
Place the pan on medium heat and stir constantly until the mixture forms a thick batter (you may need to add water during this process to get the consistency you want). Because of the cornstarch, the mixture should thicken within around 30 seconds.
3. Let the mixture cool and divide your hair into 3-4 sections, each secured with a clip.
Apply the cooled mixture to your hair, starting at the roots and then spreading down to the ends.
4. Once your hair is completely coated by the caramel treatment, cover it with a plastic hair cap and let it sit for 1-2 hours (or overnight for extra dry hair).
Our model has medium, coarse hair, and in one treatment, it became shiny and smooth.
5. Wash, condition, and style your hair as usual (it may take a few washes). You can freeze the extra mixture for future use; just defrost and blend again! Your hair will love its soft, gorgeous makeover.
Visit HERSHEY’S MODERATION NATION for more ways to incorporate caramel into your daily life, through fashion, entertainment and home décor. You will find out why we are completely and hopelessly in love with caramel!
*All photos in this posts were taken by the talented Carlee Kelson.
*Disclosure: We were invited by The Hershey Company to be GOOD LIFE GURU spokespeople for The MODERATION NATION program. This post is one piece of that partnership. All expressed opinions are our own.