40 Egg-cellent Non-Candy Easter Egg Fillers!
March 13, 2013 by Heather
When it comes to the Easter Bunny, do we all think of plastic eggs and chocolate? Peeps?
Okay, I am a HUGE fan of chocolate and I don’t have anything against my kids having candy.
HOWEVER, I totally get that sometimes it’s great to have some non-candy options available!
Sometimes, I do want to scale back on the amount of candy my kids are eating- let’s be honest, the sugar CAN get a wee bit out of control on special occasions like this!
SO, today I am sharing a list of
40 small non-candy gifts that can fit inside of a plastic egg!
Some of the items are pictured, and some are not- so read through the list if you want to get all of the ideas!
- Small Figurine
- Mini Pretzels
- Glow Sticks (these will fit- you have to twist them and you may need a piece of tape to keep the egg from popping open, but it can be done!.. they will make your eggs glow in the dark- so fun for a night time hunt!)
- Hair clips
- Stick-on Tattoos
- Finger Puppets
- Fruit Snacks
- Chuckie Cheese Tokens
- Interlocking Rings (fun for babies/toddlers)
- Small Toy Car
- Magnetic Letters
- Fish Crackers
- Bouncy Ball
- Lip Balm
- Colorful Shoe Laces
- Beads & string (to make a bracelet)
- Nail Stickers
- Fun/colorful bandaids
- Glow in the dark stars
- Sponge Capsules (the ones you put in water to dissolve the capsule and a sponge shape “grows” out of it)
- Stickers (hopefully your Easter Bunny has something a little less Christmas-y on hand
- Mini Nail polish
- Play Dough
- Earrings (pierced/clip-on/stick-on)
- Seriously, go look at the dollar store- you will find lots of fun/surprising tiny items!
I hope this list has helped open your mind to all of the non-candy options out there!
Our bunny tends to bring sweet treats as well as fun non-candy treats. He/she has also been known to include some fun spring items in the basket (that don’t fit into a plastic egg) like sidewalk chalk, skipping ropes, larger containers of bubbles, or a new pair of rubber boots!