Make Mother’s Day MATTER! 9 Ideas Just For Her
April 26, 2012 by Bobbi
Can you believe that it will be MAY in just a few days? That also means that this year is almost half over! I’m officially old because time is starting to fly. That being the case, I am here to give all of us a head start on Mother’s Day this year with some fabulous ideas from IShare! I have pulled together just 9 ideas that will make this Mother’s Day really matter. After all, she deserves something special, right? Let’s get started!
1. Photos speak a thousand words, so this gorgeous mini album (plus FREE template) from Rebecca at “Simple As That” is a wonderful way to tell your mom how much you love her.
2. Does your mother have a green thumb? Why not prepare some of these newspaper seedling pots from Carolyn at “Homework” for a special “green” gift? Mother’s Day is the perfect time to plant a garden, after all!
3. I have seen some beautiful fabric flowers out there, but when I saw these roses from “MeiJo’s JOY” I knew my mom would love one as a pin. Gorgeous and very vintage. LOVE!
4. If you like working with wood like our Alison does, then why not make one of these adorable photo holders for your mom? How cute would it be to have the names and photos of her grandchildren to display? I could see this sitting on my Mother-In-Law’s desk at work.
5.If your mom is a bookworm like I am, then a new set of lovely bookmarks would be appreciated (hubby…are you reading this?). Print, cut, laminate, and add a pretty ribbon…what a fun gift set idea from “I Will Make This”!
6. I’ve got a sweet tooth, so anything sugary will win me over immediately (I’m a sad, sad, case). Add a cute little leaf tag like this one from Colette at “My Computer Is My Canvas” will make a sweet treat into something meaningful. Even better
7. What about something for Grandma? If you like going digital and adding a personal touch, check out this template and digital brush set to create a customized card with a poem perfect for the Grandma in your life. There is also a poem version for Mom!
8. I love the idea of giving little notes to the girlfriends in your life. I love my besties and there is so much that I admire about them. They are wonderful mothers and great examples to me. Why not print off these cute notecards from “Andersruff” and jot down a little something you love about your best friends for Mother’s Day? I bet they will be touched and it will make their day even brighter!
9. Show off your sewing chops by creating a gorgeous anthro-inspired pillow for your mom (and one for you, too!). It’s a great project to use up some fabric scraps and it can be customized to work with any color scheme. Perfect!
There is a lot of inspiration still to be had! Just pop on over to IShare and browse through the fun ideas being submitted there. There are new crafts, printables, and fun food ideas being submitted every day. Have you shared on IShare, yet? Hope to see you there!