Who better to answer this question than our one and only, Alison! Let’s get better acquainted with the 2×4 master…
1. I dream in Spanish.
2. I once had a pet newt but it escaped and 1 year later I found it dried up in my heating vent.
3. I have never had a late fee for anything.
4. I can burp the alphabet.
5. I am obsessed with like numbers.
The ability to turn any store into a Barnes and Noble.
On with the tutorial!
“I was cruising (that is what you do when you have two toddlers) through Wal Mart one day (I LOVE to shop) when I saw this ‘boring’ lamp. I thought to myself (or maybe said outloud), “I can FAB this up on the cheap!” So I bought it for like 5 bucks.
Let me show you what I did in 5 easy steps, I am a genius…really!
1. Remove the shade
2. Cut a piece of ribbon to be the same size as the height of the shade with just a little extra to wrap to the inside (just eyeball it, I never measure anything).
3. Get out your trusty hot glue gun and glue each end of the ribbon to the top and bottom inside of the shade. (Be sure not to have too much ribbon on the inside or it will become a fire hazard.)
4. On some of them, use 2 pieces of ribbon and make a tie on the outside to give it some dimension.
I know, FAB right?
What can I say, I am good.
What else can I say, I am really good.
You like that?
And you thought I was only good with wood and saws!
Thanks for the opportunity to be featured on HowDoesShe! In my wildest dreams I never thought I would be worthy of such an honor. You are the best, Missy. I owe you my first born son. NOT Annie, Missy.”
Thanks, Alison for answering the question, “How Does She turn a boring (what were you thinking) lamp from DRAB to FAB?”
. PS .
I have a confession: It is 1:00 in the morning and I am supposed to have a post ready by 6:00am. The post I thought I was going to do bombed so lucky for me I edit all the pictures on How Does She and therefore have access to all pictures and therefore…who says therefore anymore? Let me stop my 1 am rambling and get to the point - these are Alison’s pictures and I am totally stealing using them, but I am featuring her and pretending to be her, so she won’t mind right? (insert evil laugh here.)
Alison, I owe you a post.