Homemade Chicken Nuggets
February 23, 2012 by Bobbi
I love new recipes, so when our friend Shay shared this recipe with me, I knew you would LOVE it! Homemade CHICKEN NUGGETS! I’m getting a little giddy and my mouth is watering. Let’s not waste any time and let Shay take over!
Hi Ladies! I am excited to share another great recipe with you! Your family will love this recipe… especially your children! Hooray! We love when our kiddos want to eat, don’t we? And the best part? You will know every ingredient that is in them. Wonderful! Okay, are you ready? Here we go…
Need some delicious DIP ideas? Check out this post, Dip it, Dip it GOOD.
Ready for the recipe? Here you go!
- 3 pounds Chicken Meat
- 2 cups Plain Yogurt (add more if needed)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1-2 pinches Cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground pepper
- 2 cups Coconut Oil or oil of your choice for frying
- 1. Cut the chicken into nugget-sized pieces.
- 2. Place chicken in 9×13 dish and mix in the yogurt, chopped onion, garlic, paprika and cayenne pepper. Put in fridge for a minimum of 4 hours and up to 2 days.
- 2. When done marinating, place chicken in a colander and drain off the excess yogurt and onion/garlic pieces.
- 3. Add the flour, sea salt, ground pepper, and chicken pieces to a large plastic freezer bag, zip to seal, and shake until the chicken is completely coated.
- 4. Set your skillet or large saucepan on medium heat and add the 2 cups of oil.
- The oil is hot enough when it starts to bubble — but not so hot that it’s smoking. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side, until dark golden brown.
- Using tongs, remove chicken nuggets from the pan and place on a cooling rack, on a plate, or cookie sheet lined with a paper towel.
- Add sea salt to taste.
I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine did! You can visit me HERE for more delicious recipes.