Fun Family tradition for New Year’s Eve!
December 20, 2011 by Heather
I know, I know… Christmas hasn’t even come yet.
…but we’re already less than 2 weeks away from 2012, so I wanted to share with you my favorite New Year tradition!
I love this tradition because it’s a great way to do several things I love:
1. Watch My Kids Being Cute
2. RECORD My Kids Being Cute
3. Watch My Kids Being Cute in the Past
4. Remember More (than I would have) About My Kids at Each Age
It’s our Yearly Video Interview!
1. When we first started doing New Years Interviews, Talia was really little. So, we came up with a simple list of questions that she could answer (ie. What’s Your Name? How old are you? What is your favorite color?)
2. Each year we add on a few more questions that we think she can now handle and expand the list, but we keep those simple questions on the list. (That way when you’ve recorded several years’ worth of interviews, you can watch them back to back & see how their answers have changed. Oh, and if you’re good at video editing, it would be so fun to cut from year to year with the same question, in a row!)
3. You can also add things at the end of the interview, like have them sing their favorite song or play something they’ve learned on the piano, or show you a dance move- whatever they’re up to at this age, that you haven’t had a chance to capture on video yet. You will be so happy you have this, in the future!
Here is a list of ideas that you could use for your own list of questions- feel free to change it in any way you like- this is just to get you started!
1. What is your name?
2. How old are you?
3. What is your mom’s name?
4. What does your mom do during the day?
5. What is your dad’s name?
6. What does your dad do during the day?
7. What is your favorite color?
8. What is your favorite thing to eat? (what don’t you like to eat?)
9. Who are your friends?
10. What is your favorite song? Can you sing it for me?
11. What is your sister’s name? (this is fun because they don’t always say the name correctly- for example, my youngest calls my oldest (Talia- ‘Ta-lee-ya’) “Taya”)
12. What is your favorite place to go?
13. What is your favorite thing to do?
14. What do you like about your Mommy? (Daddy, sister, etc.)
15. What do you want to be when you grow up?
16. What is your favorite book?
17. What does (sister/brother) like to do?
Feel free to add questions to the list on the fly, as you go, too.
Their answers to some of these might inspire you with new questions!
I hope you’re all having a wonderful Christmas week!
If you’re taking a blog-surfing break, we’d love to have you visit with us over at Raising Memories.
Make it a Great Christmas!!