Easy to make magnet board…(for about $1)
December 2, 2009 by Alison
Easy to make Magnet board!
I think I’ll have my daughter make this for her friends for Christmas.
1. I got this piece of metal at a metal shop. Look up metal shops in your area and see if they can cut you a piece. I paid about $1 for this 8×8. I’ve also seen the metal at crafting stores.
2. Punch a hole in it with a Crop-a-dile. If you don’t have one…just use a metal drill bit and drill a hole in the metal. The edges of the holes will be sharper, but just sand them down.
3. Lay the metal on your scrapbook paper and trace around the edges. Cut the paper out so it’s the same size as the metal.
4. Apply Mod Podge to the metal! Make sure to get the edges.
5. Smooth down the paper with a credit card or pan scraper this will help get all the bubbles out.
6. Poke holes in the paper where you drilled the holes.
7. Sand the edges lightly if you have paper hanging off.
8. Add ribbon
9. Add magnets
10. Give as a gift or make a huge one and stick in your child’s room and they can keep track of all their friends! Great Super Saturday ideas too!