Having a Memorial Day BBQ?
May 27, 2011 by Missy
Want to be the HIT of the party?
We have plenty of recipes to make it GREAT!! (more at bottom of post)
First of all, make these beans…BUT beware…if you bring these to any BBQ, you will never be allowed to attend another BBQ without them! I think the only reason we get invited to group gatherings anymore is so we will bring the BBQ beans:)
BBQ Beans Recipe
I adapted this recipe from the nicest caretaker we had in our apartment complex in Minnesota.
- 1 lb. ground beef (browned)
- 1 lb. bacon (fried, drained, and cut up)
- 1 medium onion (chopped and cooked)
- 1 can butter beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pork and beans
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1/2 tsp. horseradish mustard
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbls. molasses
- Put all ingredients in a pot on the stovc over medium heat or in a crock pot, stir and let cook until hot.
You really can’t mess up this recipe – I have done so many variations and it is ALWAYS good!
- use no meat – my new favorite (what is pictured)
- use half the amount of sugar – you can’t tell
- use any bean you like – I love black beans and put them in as well.
Alison likes to pour these over potatoes or scones. Yummy.
They didn’t last long!
Here are a some other not to miss
perfect BBQ recipes:
OR if you are going CAMPING or going to break in the BACKYARD FIRE PIT, don’t miss this post:
Bring on the BBQ… You are ready!
We’re guest posting at Oopsey Daisy today!
Click on image to see our post!