6 Ideas For Your Sizzling Summer Spread!
August 11, 2011 by Bobbi
What traditions make you immediately think “Summer!”? For me, it’s food. Okay, so almost ANY season or holiday makes me think of food, I admit it I mean, why wouldn’t food jog so many fond memories when it involves so MANY of our senses? Sight, smell, touch, taste…even SOUND sometimes! Isn’t food grand?
Today I’ve pulled together 6 fun food ideas that will make YOUR summer “spread” really stand out! Let’s waste NO time in “biting” into these ideas from IShare Fun Food!
1. Let’s get started with a sizzling appetizer! Okay, who KNEW that you could GRILL nachos?! Better Recipes shares just how to do this. Talk about sizzlin’, baby, yeah!
2. Tina shares an amazing burger recipe that will have you coming back for seconds, thirds….fourths? Check this out!
3. Can salad be FUN? Oh yes, ma’am it can! My kids would be all over this. Homespun With Love shares how to create cute individual salads in jars. Just grab and go!
4. If you’ve got your appetizer, main dish, and veggies… you need some fruit in there! Why not really “summer” up your fruit tray by create a fruit “beach ball” like this one from Hungry Happenings? It’s almost a shame to eat it!
5. Is it really SUMMER unless you are cooking outdoors? Can’t be! Check out this amazing recipe for a caramel apple pie made in a dutch oven from Rhodes Bread! Major yum factor, here AND no heating up the kitchen! I love that part
6. And finally, an icy-cool treat to finish off the heat! Forgo the sugary slushee treats in favor of this healthy-but-equally-delicious version submitted by SweeterThanSweets!
Okay, so now you are ALL set for the utlimate SIZZLIN’ summer spread! If you would like to browse even more fabulous fun food ideas, be sure to pop by IShare FunFood for some delectable inpiration. Oh, and if you’ve got an amazing recipe that you are waiting to share, get over there and submit! Your recipe just might be featured here on HowDoesShe! Then pop by the other IShare sites for even more fun (and FREE) ideas!
Feel free to share YOUR favorite summer food traditions in the comments. I want to know what reminds YOUR taste buds of summer Until then, happy eating!