#21 Neighbor Christmas Gift Idea -Wood Candy
November 12, 2009 by Alison
#21 Neighbor Christmas Gift Idea Wood Candy
Simple and easy to make this ‘Wood Candy.’
2. Chop it into 6 in chunks. If you don’t have a saw and can’t borrow one (email us and we can work something out!).
3. Sand the block of wood.
4. Lay your wood on a piece of scrap book paper and trace it.
5. Cut it out.
6. Mod Podge the paper on. Need Mod Podge tips? Click here
7. Sand the edges.
8. Apply vinyl lettering…did you know that you can use a Cricut to cut out vinyl??? (these are great to have for small vinyl projects and they can save you a ton of money on gifting!). Cut vinyl out that says ‘Merry Christmas’
Need Vinyl? We know there are a lot of great vinyl companies out there so if you have one use it…if you need someone great and cheap (we use her) click here to get to her site. Remember howdoesshe is not selling vinyl. We are giving you ideas!!
9. Wrap in clear wrapping paper (found at a craft store). For the flower we used a fake flower and pulled it apart! We took 3 of the layers and then stuck a cute brad through it! We then hot glued it to the wrapping paper!
Bonus: Do the back side! They will be able to display it in the month of December and in January
If you are still reading this post…you will be one of the first to know that we are going to have another giveaway on Friday!
So check back and sign up!!!