10 Summer Snacking Solutions!
June 28, 2011 by Bobbi
“One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.”~Luciano Pavarotti
We all HAVE to eat, so why not make it fun? Especially if you’ve got several bored, hungry, bored, bored, bored children hanging around the kitchen, BEGGING for something good to eat. Let’s take a look at some snacks that are as fun to look at as they are to eat! I’m talking TOTALLY child-approved – like IShare Fun Food would dish up anything less
1. Kitchen Fun definitely has the right idea here. Fun AND healthy is the perfect combination, and who doesn’t LOVE Sesame Street? I wonder what other characters you could make? Hmmmm…
2. Yes, it’s summertime, but there is nothing wrong with reminding the kids to hit the books….or eat the books. Whichever Hungry Happenings shares how to make these adorable (oh, and EDIBLE) books!
3. Rhodes Bread came up with a treat that is also a fun activity to do with the kids. Teach them how to make their very own bunny buns, then enjoy the snack together. Sweet!
4. Jenni Price must have had summer on the mind when creating these adorable pinwheel pancakes. I’m in love with these. Seriously.
5. Cute Food For Kids may actually have a way to make my kids eat their fried eggs! Oh, who am I kidding…this is the way to get ME to eat fried eggs
6. Looking for a sweet snack? Making Memories With Your Kids shares how to make this precious little fish bowl snack! Smart!
7. Our very own Missy is thinking outside the “lunchbox” with this fun Dr. Seuss meal! Grab your favorite Seuss book and settle in for some together time.
8. Summer wouldn’t be the same without lots of COLOR and this Jell-O snack fits the bill. Mormish Mom shares how to get those neat white layers in between to really make each color stand out!
9. I can see using this idea from “Time Travel Kitchen” for some quality family time together. We know how fun fondue can be, so why not amp it up with some psychedelic colors?
10. Cute Food For Kids won my heart with these adorable little babybel umbrellas! You’ll be inspired by all of her amazing babybel creations. Check them out!
What are YOUR favorite summer snacks? Is there one go-to treat that never fails? I want to hear all about them! Post a comment here, or better yet – share your ideas on any of the IShare sites. Your idea may be featured next!
Happy summer snacking!